Friday, June 19, 2015

Haleyc


My internship is in Brooklyn with the artist Ryan Cobourn.
One of the main reasons I choose Ryan was because of the location. New York has more opportunities for artists than anywhere else in the country, by taking this internship i am being introduced to an art scene I need to familiarize with in order to be successful as a fine artist.

Ryan has me do basic studio assistant jobs - storing his drawings, stretching canvas, cleaning up after he paints or draws….. 

I ask him lots of questions as topics come up, where he gets supplies, specifics about working with galleries, how many, how often artists have shows…..
I have a lot of fun there. He introduced me to his girl and his baby, we got coffee (good coffee)

I make observations about how he balances between being an artist, responsibilities, and being conducive to society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment