Friday, July 24, 2015

Meeting more People

Ryan took me to meet "the mad scientist" he's this old timer in Brooklyn who makes and sells paint. He is good at what he does and knows a lot about trends in art. He sells to many big time artists in NY, they love his paint because its top quality. His shop is sorta on the D.L. and refuses to go corporate. Ryan buys massive amounts of dry pigment at a time from him plus he hooks him up on prices. The mad scientist rigged an electric sander that i use to make the paint. He took apart the motor, slowed it down,attached a piece of sand blasted glass to it, and transformed it into an electric muller. That lil guy can mull the paint in 1/2 the time it would take me without it.

Ryan's studio is in this factory building of sorts. The top floor has space you can rent out. While I was cleaning up I met another artist, Adam Helms. He showed me his studio and some of his work, we had a smoke n talked bout art n what not. I loved his work so asked him a lot about his process and source material. The amount of artists in NY continue to amaze me. They are everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment