Sunday, August 30, 2015

F U T U R E

This whole experience was by far the most noteworthy to date in relation to not only my illustration career but in my life. It pushed me to grow and understand what is required of an illustrator. Greg was such an incredible mentor and friend this summer, and I'm ecstatic to say that I get to continue to work with him on a couple of his upcoming projects. The book show in Narberth will be held in November and we still have work to do in preparation for that, so I will be needed to make backgrounds and working on extra details for the window display as well as set up for the show. Greg and I have also been talking about working on animating a trailer for one of his upcoming book releases with Disney-Hypereon. Here's a trailer for his last book, Templeton Gets His Wish, animated by UArts alum, Jimmy Simpson:


Templeton Gets His Wish from Jimmy Simpson on Vimeo.

Greg wasn't able to get Jimmy to work on this next trailer, but he really seemed to like my work on an animation I worked on last Fall and wanted to emulate the shaky style I work with for this trailer:


QUEST FOR THE DOG from Lizzy O'Donnell on Vimeo.

so I will be assisting Greg in storyboarding and animating a trailer for his amazing book Goodnight Owl! This experience was so great that I'm only so happy that it gets to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment